Labels

Friday, 31 May 2013

Cabbage and Pork Filet Stew

I don't really have a fancy name for this recipe is just a simple family dish my mom use to make when I was home. I used outdoor bred pork tenderloin fillet with no fatty part but if you don't like pork you can do it with duck or goose breast.




Ingredients :
  • 500 gr outdoor bred pork tenderloin fillet 
  • 500 gr cabbage 
  • 1 shallot 
  • 1 cup tomato puree
  • 2-3 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2  tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 1/2 tsp smoked paprika 
  • juice of half a lemon ( optional ) 
Chop the pork in big chunks and seal it in a sauce pan with the olive oil. Add the chopped shallot and cook on medium heat for about 2 -3 minutes until the shallot is soft and golden. While that is cooking grate the cabbage in a food processor using the grater blade. Add the cabbage to the pan with the rest of the ingredients (except the lemon juice) and simmer on medium-low heat for about 35 minutes until the meat is cooked. Before you turn off the heat u can squeeze the juice of half a lemon to make it sour cabbage.
 Serve it hot with fresh chopped flat leaf parsley. Enjoy xxx



1 comment:

  1. Eating is really one of my hobby i mean part of my life and cooking is my passion. I also love going to a place and at the same time taste their delicious and most wanted food.I want to taste something that is new to my palate. Thanks for sharing your article with us.

    n8fan.net

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete