Labels

Tuesday 4 June 2013

Baked Apples

Today while running from the gym to the supermarket to get the ingredients for lunch I happen to see these beautiful pink lady apples and instantly remembered this fab baked apple recipe that I used to enjoy  in my childhood. Even thought I had to adjust the recipe, the result was delicious.

The quantities are for 6 medium-small apples so about 3 servings :

Preheat the oven at 180" C.

With a sharp knife make a small hole at the bottom of the apple , remove the cap and with a spoon carefully scoop some of the inside and get the seeds out. When you are done , in a bowl mix the rest of the ingredients and stuff the apples.


Put the apples on a baking tray coated with parchment paper and cook at 180'C 35-40 minutes.You can serve them warm or cold with your choice of ice cream (I would recommend vanilla) or plain for a perfect vegan dessert. I served mine with chantilly ( blended 150 ml double cream with 2 tsp of sweetener and 1 tsp of vanilla extract ).






No comments:

Post a Comment