Labels

Tuesday 6 August 2013

Low Carb Turkey Crust Pizza

A healthy way to enjoy pizza without the full load of carbs.



For the crust I used :

  • 250 gr mince turkey tight 
  • 1 egg 
  • 2 tbsp pea protein ( or oat bran or coconut flour something to absorbe the moisture during cooking)
  • salt, pepper to taste 
  • condiments ( I used garlic, onion powder, mint, Mediterranean mix )
I mixed everything in a bowl and then it went on a parchment lined pizza tray. I baked it for 30 min at 180' C in a preheated oven  but my tray was small so the crust was thick and needed more time for baking. If you are making a thin crust 20-25 min would be enough.

For the topping I used:

  • 5 cherry tomatoes cut in quarters 
  • 50 gr of black pitted olives sliced 
  • 50 gr of truffle mozzarella 
  • 50 gr barrel aged feta 
  • 2 tbsp tomato puree 
  • 1 portobello mushroom sliced 
  •  2 tbsp hard grated cheese
After the 30 min I got the crust out and let it rest while preparing the topping. I added the tomato sauce then the mozzarella and the rest of the ingredients and finished with the grated cheese. It went back in the oven for another 15-20 min or until the cheese starts melting.


You can choose your own topping as long as you keep it low carb. What I liked about this pizza is the meaty/cheesy taste and the fact that the crust won't break while trying to hold the slice.

Hope you enjoy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment