Labels

Sunday 20 October 2013

Simple, earthy pasta dish

Ok so I've been away for a month and lets say my eating was far away of being healthy or home cooked so since I'm back I'm trying to get back to my normal routine. London weather is moodier than me at the moment and because today it's been raining quite a bit I craved some comfort food. As I was way to lazy to go out and get some groceries for a proper Sunday roast I decided to make something with what I have in the fridge and cupboards. So here it is the "what I have in the fridge" pasta .


I used :

  • 150 g pancetta 
  • 4 medium sized mushrooms 
  • 1 small courgette 
  • 2 baby carrots 
  • 1/2 red pepper 
  • 150 ml of my mum's home made tomato sauce but any will do 
  • salt and pepper
  • wholegrain stone milled spelt and barley pasta 
  • a drizzle of chilly infused oil
First thing's first so I put the pasta in a pan with boiling water, oil and salt and left it to simmer on medium heat until cooked al dente .

In a big pan I cooked the pancetta for 2 minutes until starting to get golden then added the chopped vegetables. Added salt, pepper and a drizzle of the chilly infused oil and  sautéed  them for about 4-5 min.

I added the tomato sauce and some dried vegetable mix that I got earlier this year from the Amalfi Coast. This is optional as most the dried vegetables in this mix were already cooking in the pan. I gave it a stir left the tomato sauce to heat and I added the pasta cooked al dente gave it another good stir and served it :) .

So this is it a pasta dish made in less than 15 min that's delicious and full of flavour.

Enjoy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment